Almost 1.7 Million FIFA World Cup 2018 Tickets sold in new phase!
The much awaited football event of the year FIFA World Cup 2018 is all set to begin its extravaganza within few months. Fans are eagerly waiting for the tournament to begin as this time it will be hosted by Russia from 14th of June 2018. FIFA World Cup 2018 Group Stage draw has already been finalized and total final 8 groups with 4 teams each will clash against each other. As only 72 days are remaining for the onset of this grand tournament, another ticket sales period commenced recently.
The ticket window for the upcoming world cup event was opened on the first come, first served sales window. The second window of the sales phase was closed on 3rd April where total of 3,94,433 tickets were allocated to the fans from all across the world in a real time on FIFA World Cup official website www.fifa.com. The tickets for the tournament final and the group stage clash between Argentina and Iceland which are scheduled on July 15 and June 16 were exempted from the online sales.
The host country Russia dominated in the ticket sales buying 2,16,134 tickets, which were followed from the non-qualified countries United States (16,462), Argentina (15,006), Colombia (14,755) and Mexico (14,372).
Category four tickets, reserved exclusively for residents of Russia, were also available during the second sales phase. FIFA allocated 350,000 tickets for the tournament’s host nation, and Russian citizens will be able to visit World Cup matches at the lowest prices. The cheapest category four tickets for group stage matches cost 1,280 rubles ($22), while tickets for the semi-finals were available at the price of 4,480 rubles ($78).
The next sales window for the FIFA World Cup 2018 tournament will be opened on April 18 at 12:00 Moscow time, during which fans will get another chance to grab the remaining tickets.
FIFA World Cup 2018 Online Ticket Booking
- Fans may purchase tickets through online mode.
- Tickets can be purchase by using visa payment cards or Visa Checkout, as visa is the official payment service partner of FIFA.
- Tickets purchased during sales phase 1 and 1 will be delivered free of charge to fans in the weeks leading up to the tournament.
- The deliveries are planned to begin from April/ May 2018.
- Anyone planning to attend FIFA World Cup 2018 Matches are required to apply for a FAN ID.
- FAN ID is the official identity document issued to fans by FIFA Authorities.
- FAN ID and a valid world cup ticket are mandatory for the fans to enter the 2018 FIFA World Cup Stadiums.
- FAN ID gives fans additional benefits and services provided by the host country such as visa-free entry to the Russian Federation, certain free inter-host city travel and free use of public transport on match days.
- For more details and information please visit fan-id.ru.